In the SPA & Wellness zone there is a subzone offering mud baths in special tubs. The moor mud is supplied from Czarny Dunajec. Mud baths are one of the most popular medicinal baths in the world. They are known for health and cosmetic benefits – they elasticize, rejuvenate and nourish the skin on the face and the rest of the body.
Moor Mud - What is it?
The moor mud - is undried peat which is formed by decomposition of wetland vegetation under the influence of air and microorganisms (mainly bacteria). It is worth noting that the deposits from which the moor mud is formed were created after the withdrawal of the glacier (approx. 10000 BC!). It is used today in medical treatments. This organic mass exhibits antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It improves cell metabolism and oxygenation of tissues by increasing their blood supply.
Moor Mud – cosmetic use
• detoxifies and cleanses the skin,
• Soothes, relaxes and calms.
• Promotes cellulite reduction,
• Elasticizes and tightens the skin on the face and body,
• Rejuvenates, smoothes and reduces wrinkles.
• Lightens discoloration from acne and sun damage.
• Provides anti-acne and anti-inflammatory benefits,
• Strengthens hair, reduces hair loss, improves hair condition,
Moor Mud – medicinal use
• Relieves painful menstruation and menopause symptoms,
• Accelerates the healing of vaginal infection, appendage infection and erosion,
• Relieves back pain, rheumatic pain, sciatica, post-surgical pain,
• Heals swelling and bruising,
• Relieves inflammation of the intestines and stomach ulcers, soothes the intestinal contraction,
• Relaxes tense muscles of the whole body,
• Recommended in ovarian hormonal insufficiency,
• Helps relax in excessive nervous tension,
Moor mud - contraindications for mud baths
• Menstruation and other vaginal bleeding, pregnancy,
• Weakness, exhaustion of the body, fainting,
• Injuries of bones and joints,
• Ulcers and varicose veins,
• Cardiovascular disease: atherosclerosis, fragility of blood vessels, heart failure, congenital heart disease, condition after myocardial infarction, blood pressure problems.
• Acute inflammation,
• Respiratory failure,
• Caution! Mud baths are not recommended for small children,